We Solve Problems
We offer a cumulative 60 years of experience in design engineering and applications of hard disk drives, tape drives and storage systems. Our expertise covers the science and practical engineering of these products from materials, design engineering, manufacturing and novel storage applications (such as video, personal, archival and backup).
Your data must be accessible when you need it and as quickly as possible. Storage devices and systems make that possible. Tailoring the technology to your unique needs helps ensure fast and easy access in a cost-effective manner.
Your data must be accessible where you need it. We know how to achieve that, whether through wired or wireless networks.
Your data must never be lost. Our extensive experience in backup and restore of critical data and in long-term archiving gives you confidence in the long-term accessibility of your data.
Some Specific Areas of Expertise
Hard drive storage
- All aspects of hard drives, from mechanics, electronics, firmware, magnetics
- Compression of data, Encryption of data
- Cartridges and Shock Protection
- Archiving and Archival storage
Solid State Drive (SSD) storage (Flash-based)
- Design engineering
- Applications/Market Areas
- Storage Hierarchy
Alternate solid state storage
- MRAM: toggle and spin transfer torque versions
- New technologies, e.g., phase change memory & others